After reading this post you will be able to fix a STOP error or better known as BSOD ( Blue screen error ) in Windows 8. The error code is something like Clock Watchdog timeout. Below is the screenshot of this error:
The image above is for reference only.
Note: FOR SSD users : Make sure you are running latest AHCI Drivers & AHCI in BIOS. Also if the problem persists, secure erase your SSD and install Windows 8.
UPDATE: Windows 10 users
If you are facing this error, make sure your Windows is updated & if a BIOS update for Laptop or Desktop PC motherboard is available, update it. Remember BIOS update must be done on your own risk, if done incorrectly, it can make your PC unusable. Refer your system documentation and seek your system /motherboard manufacturer’s support on this.
Fix for Windows 10 – If you are using UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface), Rebuild your BCD as suggest in this post – Click here
- Use Windows update to download and install all the necessary updates for your windows PC
- To use Windows update, just start typing windows update on the start screen & choose windows update from the results displayed
- Go to your system or motherboard manufacturers support website
- Download the latest SATA / AHCI drivers
- Make sure the downloaded drivers are for Windows 8
- Also, download and install the latest chipset drivers
- Go to run ( windows key + R )
- type SFC /SCANNOW
- let the process run and finish
- Restart your computer
- Remove any USB storage devices attached to your computer
- If this computer is a desktop make sure your hard disk drive is seated properly
- also make sure that the hard disk data & power cables are connected properly
- Go to your BIOS by pressing the key ( refer the documentation that came with your computer / motherboard ( usually it’s DEL , F10 , F2 )
- Locate a setting called AHCI or SATA mode
- make sure it’s set to AHCI or BOTH
This should solve your problem, if not use the comment section to notify me.
Comments are closed.