After reading this post you will be able to solve a problem with Windows update where one or two updates might fail to install with a error similar to this : 0x80000FFFF . The solution mentioned below applies to Windows 7 & Vista Computer system with either x86 or x64 ( 32bit or 64bit ) architecture ).
For Windows Vista
Click on the Microsoft Fix IT link image below to download the fix ( Automatic Troubleshooting )
For Windows 7
- Restart your computer & try to install the updates again.
- If you have any USB storage or printing/scanning devices unplug them, restart your computer, try installing the updates again.
- Download & Install this update for your Windows 7 Computer system : CLICK HERE
- Go to Control panel
- ( top right corner )
- Open Internet Options
- Refer the screenshot above,
- Under Browsing History, click on Delete, then check all boxes and click on delete.
- Now, Go to C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution folder ( C being your root drive )
- empty the folder
- Restart your Computer