After following this post you will be able to easily Install Windows 7 and Windows 8 via a USB pen drive. Now-a-days small computers namely netbooks & ultra-books lack CD/DVD drive. In this situation you either buy an external CD/DVD drive or use this guide to Install Windows from a USB pen drive.
Microsoft has released a tool to do this job very simply. You can use this tool to install Windows 8 or Windows 7 according to your need.
Download & Install this tool: click here
or use this alternate link
- USB Pen drive with 4gb or more capacity (8 Gb preferred)
- Windows 7 or 8 ISO image ( if you have a disc and want to make ISO check out this guide)
- DVD-USB tool
- A computer to work on
Now Follow these steps:
- Insert your pen drive into a USB port
- Run the USB-DVD tool you downloaded before
- Select the ISO image by browsing for it and then click next
- Choose USB Device option
- Select your desired USB device and click on Begin copying.
- If there is less free space, you will be asked to erase USB device.
- Tool will format your drive and then start copying files.
- All done. Remove and USB pen drive, boot from it and Install Windows
Comments are closed.