This post will help you troubleshoot / fix a problem with your Windows 8 PC where you are unable to start Windows 8 properly. This problem might occur after a sudden restart. You might also face this issue after a normal shutdown or hibernation. More information on this error can be gathered at : Microsoft KB article
You can use the following methods to resolve this issue:
Method 1 : Windows 8 Recovery Options
- Boot from the Windows 8 DVD / USB or use the Windows Recovery CD/DVD /USB , if you created one
- Select Repair if booting from Windows 8 Installation media ( Follow the next step if you are using Recovery Media )
- Click on Troubleshoot
- Now Click on Advanced Options
- Now, you can use System Restore to restore your computer to an earlier time
- You can select Startup Repair
If that does not help :
Method 2 : Microsoft Hotfix
- A hotfix has been released by Microsoft : You can download the hotfix from here .
Method 3 : General Instructions if you face this issue on a regular basis ( Reinstalling Windows )
- If you have made up your mind that you will re-install windows. Just follow the instructions below to make sure that you do not face this issue again
- Boot into your BIOS by pressing DEL , F2 or F10 key ( refer Documentation that came with your computer or onscreen instructions )
- Go to boot options or locate an options called UEFI boot ( refer screenshot )
- Either select Both or Legacy Only
- Save and Exit
- Reinstall Windows & activate
- Remember to run Windows Update & update your installation.
Comments are closed.