After reading this post you should be able to fix a problem where your mouse or touchpad pointer jumps while you type. This creates an unwanted disturbance while typing. The problem usually occurs in Laptop ( portable computers ), but can also occur with a desktop computer. Below are the steps for both scenarios, i.e. Desktop & laptop computers.
- Go to Control Panel ( in start menu )
- Find Mouse options
- Now, Click on Pointer Options
- uncheck the checkbox Hide Pointer While typing
- If the Pointer speed has been set to Fast, try reducing it & see if that helps.
Download & Install navigation ( keyboard mouse software )
- Almost all the Computer Manufacturer’s ( Portable / laptop ones) , provide hotkeys & navigation / multimedia integration software for your touchpad or mouse.
- Go to your Computer or product manufacturer’s support website.
- Locate the software for your Model
- Download & Install
As, I have a Lenovo ThinkPad, i am using a UltraNav software with my Windows PC. I will be outlining a few features that you can compare with ones in your computer & choose to turn them off.
- Coasting – Turn Off
- Touch Sensitivity – Choose this options according to your needs
- Momentum – Though this feature tends to decrease the overall effort while using the touchpad, it can cause your pointer to jumps out of control while typing (Turn it off)
- Gestures – I have hardly seen any touchpad perform a perfect gesture. I choose to turn them off.
- Check if the problem comes while plugged in to charge or not
- The Charger for your laptop could be causing your touchpad to malfunction.
- Get your charger checked at a Authorized service centre of your Compute Manufacturer
- Replace if necessary
Hope this post proves to be useful for you. For any questions and queries please use the comment section.
Comments are closed.