Fix : Windows 8 couldn’t verify the product key , Check installation media. This post fixes the Windows 8 Installation error where setup says “ We couldn’t verify the product key,. Please check your installation media” . Below is the screenshot of the error i received while trying to install Windows 8. This post applies to Windows 8.1 as well. This guide will help you when you are sure that you are using correct product key for your Windows 8 | 8.1 installation, and you are receiving an unexpected error. Below are a few fixes that helped me and should help you :
Tip 1 : Check Installation Media
- If it’s a DVD, make sure it is not scratched and inserted properly
- If its a USB drive and you used the Microsoft USB DVD Tool to make it:
- Check the ISO file you used to make this installation media
- Try to remake the media using the USB tool
- Try using the same tool to burn a DVD if you can
- Make sure that you have enough space on the USB drive that you are using to Install Windows.
- Also, make sure that the USB drive is inserted properly into the USB port.
- Make sure that you insert your USB drive directly into the system and not through a external USB hub
Tip 2 :USB 3.0
- If your system supports USB 3.0, it is possible that for some reason the setup is not able to read it properly.
- Try Inserting your USB drive into a USB 2.0 port.
Tip 3 : Change BIOS settings for USB
- At the time of system start up
- Press DEL, F2, F10 or refer your system documentation for the key binding assigned to boot into the BIOS
- Locate the options for USB and make sure USB Legacy support is turned on
- Secondly, if there is an emulation setting for USB, set it to CD/DVD
- Make sure it is not set to hard disk
If you still face an issue, please use the comment section and I will try and help you further
Comments are closed.